Leslyn's Lovely Life: Mama Mondays

Monday, October 20, 2014

Mama Mondays

Leslyn's Lovely Life





This week, I have been thinking about how thankful I am for the life that I have. 

First of all, I am thankful that God gave us a precious little boy. After being told by doctors that the only way to get pregnant would be with fertility treatments, I can say with 100% confidence that this little boy is a miracle.

Secondly, I am so happy to have a supportive husband. DJ loves spending time with Emmett and talking to him. I've never seen anything so sweet... And I think Emmett prefers his daddy over his mama. 

Lastly, I am so thankful to have a healthy baby. Yes, he's kinda skinny for his age. But you guys, it could be much, much worse. I was visiting my cousin at Children's this past week, and as I was leaving, I overheard a lady talking to her dad on the phone. She was telling him that her daughter was going to undergo chemo treatments and that she would be at Children's for at least the next 8 weeks. 

It was in that moment that I realized that I have no reason to complain whatsoever. There are so many people in this world who are dealing with things that I can't even fathom. So instead of being whiney, I am choosing to be thankful and happy. :)

Link up with us to tell us what's been going on in your world, mamas! 

Leslyn's Lovely Life
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

4 comments:

Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat said...

Amen to that. We've got so much to be grateful for.

Sierra&Faith Winks and Eyerolls said...

This is so true. It's so important to be thankful for what we have. Thank you for hosting again.

Kaitlin Goodall said...

So true! Our sweet boy had to go to Children's for a night when he was 8 weeks (he'd lost weight due to reflux) and I realized many others there had it SO much worse ... always a great reminder to be thankful!! Your boys are so sweet laying together :)

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

awww... so, so true... we need to be so grateful for all the blessings we have. Parenthood is such a joy and gift!