Leslyn's Lovely Life: Where I've been

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Where I've been

Sometimes, life is exhausting.

You have a baby that's going through a growth spurt.

You get sick. Again. For the 3rd time in a little over a month.

You have to work a 12 hour work day on a Saturday, and then you have to work on a Sunday (yes, that means that I am on my 10th day in a row of working).

Sometimes, you have too much on your plate.

So much, that you end up saying, "Forget the dishes. Forget grocery shopping. Forget the blog.
I need sleep."

So you sleep. You're in bed by 9 p.m., and you sleep.

Well, until your baby wakes you up for the first of six times in one night to eat. Because he's going through a growth spurt, remember?

And then there are all of the other things.

Things that affect you and frustrate you more than they probably should.

But you know what?

God is still good, and His grace is still sufficient.

He gives us exactly what we need...

Whether it's a super supportive husband who extends a ton of grace....

Or a sweet moment with that growing baby- so sweet that it makes me forget how exhausted I am...

Or a work day that flies by...

He is good.

HE is strength of my heart and my portion.

Forever.
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

4 comments:

Mary Leigh said...

God is still good. How true this is...even when we have to continue to preach it to ourselves!

Leslie Lukens Martin said...

Love that you find so many positives amidst all the chaos that is reality!

Amanda Haney said...

You don't have to apologize to anyone, Momma! You're fabulous and we're all perfectly imperfect. I hope your week slows down and you can rest. #bltribedare

Hall Around Texas said...

Exactly! What Amanda said. We've all been there. And you are right, God is good! #bltribedare