Leslyn's Lovely Life: Emmett: 6 Months

Monday, January 12, 2015

Emmett: 6 Months

WHERE HAVE THE LAST 6 MONTHS GONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm being super sentimental and emotional today... It doesn't help that we're moving TOMORROW. More on that later. 





Weight: 16 lbs 14 oz (38th percentile)
Height: 26.25 inches (33rd percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 inches (97th percentile)

Milestones: Emmett rolls over all the time. He laughs a lot more than he used to, but he doesn't laugh as much as I would like (just because I want him to laugh all the time so I can listen to that sweet sound). He can sit up by himself now, and is starting to make new noises by changing his pitch (and he is starting to make new vowel sounds, too). Also, he can stand up and hold on to furniture by himself for about 5-10 seconds. We always make sure someone is there to catch him. ;) 

Sleep: He still wakes up several times at night. We're going to try to work with him this month- He's getting plenty of nutrition throughout the day and before bed time, so we know he should be sleeping. I think that he's formed bad habits (and I'm the one to blame). We're going to try the method where we let him cry for about 5 minutes, check on him, then let him cry for 10, etc. Whenever we've done this during nap time, he's never cried for more than 10 minutes. We'll see how it goes! 

Favorite Things: He loves the color red. He still loves his activity bouncer, Sophie the giraffe and his Lamby (basically the same thing as Sophie), playing with "crunchy books", and listening to music. He also is learning how to give his mama kisses when I tell him to, so my heart melts ALL THE TIME. 

Health: He had a mild ear infection this month (no fever), but he's doing great! He's gaining weight, growing, and developing so quickly! 

Feeding: Emmett still eats 2-3 times at night. I've gotten to the point where I breastfeed him, then I supplement with formula (this is how I know he's getting plenty of nutrition). We also started eating solids, and he LOVES it! He really enjoys sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and rice cereal. He isn't a fan of green beans, but we'll work on that. ;) 

 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

3 comments:

Georgia said...

Goodness he is growning up so fast!
Reading all about Emmett's little milestones is making me so Clucky!!
x

Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat said...

We used that method and it worked. It's not always easy and at times your heart will break but they are ok :) we moved her into her own room and that helped so much too. She slept better and so did I. Good luck!

Mary Leigh said...

He is so cute! Good luck with the sleeping!