Leslyn's Lovely Life: Guess who's back- back again?

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Guess who's back- back again?

Leslyn's back, tell a friend!

Okay, sorry for the slim shady reference. I'll act normal again. Pinky promise.

Well, this blog hiatus was much needed. I couldn't tell you at the time, but we were dealing with a quick move to Texas, I was wrapping up my job, trying to find a new job, and playing the "single mom" for a couple of weeks. I'll share the timeline, just because I've been needing to get this off of my chest for a couple of months.

Week before Thanksgiving- DJ hears of a company, sends in his resume, has a phone interview, a face-to-face interview is scheduled.

The week of Thanksgiving- Drive to Houston, do the interview, drive back to AR for Thanksgiving festivities

December 9th- DJ gets the job... We're moving to Houston

December 10th- I tell my principal... I have to keep it a secret until January.

December 11th- I have my Christmas concert with my kids and have to act like NOTHING IS GOING ON... That was fun.

The week before Christmas- New company says they want him to start on December 29th. After praying and discussing, he agrees. This means I'm going to be a single mom for a couple of weeks. OMG.

Christmas Eve- Our cars are packed and we drive to Houston for Christmas with my family.

January 2nd- I take Emmett back to AR with me. Without DJ.

January 5th- I tell my students. We all cry.

January 13th- My choir sings at the new governor's inaugural prayer service. I go home, pack, and move to Houston.

MADNESS, I tell you. Absolute madness.

So now, I'm waiting for a job. I get to be a stay-at-home mom for the most part until I find something. It's pretty wonderful, to be honest. I finally feel that I am getting to watch Emmett grow up all the time. We'll see what the next steps are for me.

But yeah, that's the big reason why I've been gone. And it has been KILLING me to keep this secret from most of the world.

Now, I get to blog again, which I'm super excited about! Yay!

So for now, I'll leave you with a cute picture of my little human and we'll chat again soon, mmmkay?



xoxo
Les
 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

4 comments:

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Wowza! That's a lot of change, but it all sounds like good change. Glad you are enjoying some extra time with E right now as you settle into life in Texas. Does this mean you've been reunited with your family?? I'm sure they're thrilled :)

Ashley Ponder said...

That really is crazy and thank you for the slim shady reference because that just makes you that much cooler. Baby E is getting so big. I can't believe you have been through so much in so little time but I'm glad you are back!

Stephanie Cox said...

WELCOME TO TEXAS!
Although, I'm heading out of the state for good next Thursday! We can keep in touch via blogland, though.

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Wows a! Some crazy times you had there!! Love that little baby grin!