Leslyn's Lovely Life: My 2015 Approach

Monday, January 5, 2015

My 2015 Approach

Hello everyone!

2014 was a huge year for me. Once I became a mom, my priorities shifted, and I realized that I need to make time for the things that matter most. I made an effort to be intentional in every area of my life, and I feel like I succeeded on most days. "Intentional" was probably my word of the year for 2014.

My 2015 motto/word is Discipline.

Why did I choose that word?

I desperately need to work on it. As a matter of fact, I wrote about it nearly 2 years ago. However, at the time, I didn't have a game plan in place. As a result of that, nothing really changed. 2015 is going to be different.

Every month, I am going to focus on one area of my life that needs discipline. I will participate in twelve 30-day-challenges this year. That way, I can zero in on the things that are important (or need to become important) one at a time. The goal is to create good habits over the year.

This month, I decided that I will practice yoga every day. I actually used my 30 day challenge sheet to help me write down specifics about my goal (Why am I doing this challenge? What's my game plan? etc.). I practiced yoga a lot in December, and I love how calm and relaxed I feel once I'm done. It's a form of exercise that I truly enjoy, and it's the perfect excuse for me to take a few minutes to refocus during the day.

I still need some suggestions for other upcoming months, so I would love for you to comment below and share your ideas!

xoxo
Les


 photo c9b146dd-a2c3-4299-8e0b-a95042d86036_zps6bhzzwmj.png

2 comments:

PolkaDottyPlace said...

I like this approach! 12 different areas to work on for a month long period of time. Sounds like a great way to make some real habits. I'd probably pick: devotion/Bible reading, closet cleaning, exercising, menu planning, reaching out to others, dating my hubby, reading for fun, trying new recipes and calling/emailing/facetiming family members. Can't wait to hear your list of 12 :)

Jana said...

Daily sex with ur hubby. ;)